At PJ Piling Contracts, we have over 30 years experience of installing water mains. This includes installation, water pressure testing and connections from domestic to industrial.
There are various techniques suitable from trenchless technology to open cut depending on requirements.
- This is the oldest but also the most common method of water main installation.
- This technique involves digging the trench with an excavator.
- Laying the new water main surrounded by sand or pea gravel and warning tape above the mains before back filling with existing or new materials such as 804, or as per requirements.
- There are many different methods from directional drilling to pipe bursting.
- This can be a more cost saving for urban areas as there is less re-instatement required.
- We have completed jobs from small to medium size water main installation contracts up to 10 kilometres of laying new water mains.